When you are shopping for a new car, the salesperson helping you will probably ask you at some point during the process if you have any questions. While you definitely do not have to come with prepared questions, knowing some questions to ask that might not have already been answered by your salesperson can ensure that you buy the vehicle that is actually right for you. Here is a list of questions you might want to keep in mind to ask when you are shopping for a new car at our Kia dealership:
1. What is the best Kia for my lifestyle? Our goal is always to help you find the right car for you. For some, the Kia Optima is going to be the best pick. Others might prefer the Cadenza or the Sedona. It is all about finding the right vehicle for you and your needs. How many seats do you need? What kind of safety features would you prefer? What type of technology do you need? Discussing what you usually use a vehicle for with your salesperson can be a great way to make sure you are getting a Kia that is going to work perfectly for your lifestyle.
2. Should I buy or lease? There is almost endless debate over whether leasing or buying a vehicle is best for drivers. The simple truth is that whether buying or leasing is better depends entirely on the driver himself. If you are likely going to try to sell this car back to our Kia dealership and buy a new one in three years, a lease is usually going to be the better option. If, however, you plan on driving this car into the ground, until its wheels fall off, buying is almost always going to be the best option for you. Again, the best way to know what is right for your particular situation is to actually talk to a salesperson on our showroom floor.
3. How should I pay for this car? Very few people come in and are ready to pay cash for a vehicle, even one as inexpensive as the Kia Rio. In this instance, you have a few different options, including financing through the dealership or through a local lender. Financing through the dealership is usually going to provide you with the best terms.
4. What vehicles are in my price range? If you have a very concrete price range, you might want to ask the salesman you are working with which vehicles are even going to be in that price range, especially if you are interested in a wide variety of vehicles. Keep in mind that not every dealership has every single trim level of every single model in every single color on their lot. If you are looking for something specific, you might want to lead off your car shopping experience by asking what vehicles they have that are actually in your price range.
5. How does my credit history affect my ability to buy? Being upfront about your credit history is usually the best way to make sure that it is not an issue when you are buying a car from us. You do not have to have perfect credit to buy a vehicle. Dealing directly with us will give you a little bit of flexibility when it comes to financing that you might not get if you try to find your own loan.
6. What kind of safety features does this trim level have? When looking at specific vehicles, it can be very helpful to learn about not just what general feature the brand offers, but which safety features are offered specifically on that vehicle at that trim level. When you purchase a Kia, you are going to find that every single vehicle has great safety features.
7. What other fees come along with purchasing? There are usually a few fees that come along with purchasing a vehicle, besides just what is listed on the sticker price. There will be, of course, a down payment that you need to make, but there could also be other fees that you might not know about until it comes times for payment if you do not ask. When negotiating the price of your vehicle, be sure to ask what other fees might be tacked on at the end of the process.
8. Are there any aftermarket additions to this vehicle? Sometimes, a brand might install a piece of technology on a car after it is technically finished. While it is less common for this to happen these days than even five years ago, you might still want to ask, especially if the dealership has installed an aftermarket alarm or other similar part, which might start to cause you trouble that a part installed during normal manufacturing would not.
9. What are my warranty options? Before you start the purchasing process, it is time for you to ask about your warranty options. When you are dealing with a brand like Kia, you are going to have a great warranty options, making buying one of these vehicles a no-brainer.
10. Can you get me this other car? Most dealership have only a limited stock, but this does not mean that they do not have the ability to get you the model that you want in the color that you want. This might take a few days, but you’ll only know for sure if you actually ask. Whether it is strictly a matter of color or whether you want a specific feature that they do not have on any of their models, ask if they have the ability to get you the car that you really want.