The all new Kia Sportage is about to roll into our showroom (it might already be here!), and it’s no secret that we are excited about what this new Sportage has to offer our buyers. Since the early days of its inception, lots has changed about its design and functionality, and we think this is the best Sportage ever. We know that our buyers are going to love this SUV as much as we do. Just in case you’re still on the fence, here are ten reasons to buy the Kia Sportage:
1. The cockpit is all new. During the design of this new version of the Sportage, special time and attention was given to making sure that the driver has everything he needs easily within reach. This includes a newly designed steering wheel with a flat bottom, as well as a center console that has been tilted so it is easier for the driver to see. There is more room for the legs and it’s going to much easier to control your infotainment system from the driver’s seat, especially because of the call and radio control buttons located right on the steering wheel.
2. The engine has been fully turbo charged. What does this mean? It means that this year’s Sportage is going to be much more fun to drive than any other previous incarnation. It features more than 240 horsepower and 260 pounds of torque, making it one of the most powerful four cylinder SUVs on the market. There are even more powerful engine options available for those who want something with even more get up and go.
3. The cargo space has been expanded. The longer body of the Sportage means that there is not just more leg room for passengers (with nearly five inches added over previous models), but also that there is much more room for hauling items. The cargo capacity is over fifty cubic feet, which makes it easy to help your friends move, tote around large items, gear up for camping, and more. You can fold down the rear seats to really get the most out of your Sportage’s storage area.
4. Every Sportage has three driving modes. If you are interested in occasionally optimizing your drive for power and occasionally optimizing it to help protect the planet, you are in luck. The Sportage, no matter which trim level you choose, has three driving modes. These are Normal, Sport, and Eco. The Eco mode will provide you better fuel economy while the Sport mode will give you more powerful acceleration. This gives you more control than ever before over how you drive.
5. The body is stronger. When it comes to safety features, especially with SUVs, you want a body that is made of high strength steel. This is exactly what the Kia Sportage’s body is made from. The 2016 model was only 18% steel, while the 2017 model is 51% steel, the highest rating in Sportage history, making it the strongest, too.
6. You’ll have a better ride and better handling. During the redesign leading up to the 2017 model, emphasis was put on improving both the quality of the ride and how the vehicle handles. There are more and better shock absorbers on the rear suspension. The front struts have been reworked so that they are more adaptable to how to road changes and shifts underneath the wheels. You cannot go wrong with this vehicle. It is going to be more fun to drive and the ride for your passengers is going to be much, much smoother.
7. The fog lights have been improved. Complete with new LED fog lights, seeing in low visibility driving conditions is going to be easier than ever before. The introduction of the ice cube set up, with four LED lights in a square shape on either side of the vehicle doesn’t just provide the Sportage with a unique appearance. It also makes it much more effective at cutting through fog, snow, and heavy rain, so you’ll be safer on the road, even if you have to drive during bad weather conditions.
8. This is one of the first models with the brand new infotainment system. The 2017 Sportage is one of the first vehicles on showroom floors to have the UVO3, which is Kia’s new and improved infotainment system that comes with a high quality touch screen, navigation, USB ports, and the ability to store music right in your car, completely eliminating the need for external MP3 players plugged or synced to yur car.
9. The exterior has been totally redesigned. In order to make sure that the Sportage keeps up with the Optima and the rest of Kia’s streamlined designs, the exterior of the 2017 Sportage has undergone a redesign. It’s one of the most unique-looking vehicles in our lineup and on the road. It still looks sharp and powerful on the road, while also being made to look even sleeker. You’re going to love how this vehicle looks as you drive it.
10. You can actually afford it. SUVs are traditionally some of the most expensive vehicles on a dealership’s lot. They’re often at least ten thousand dollars more expensive than the average sedan. This is not true of the Kia Sportage. Despite all of the improvements and the streamlined features, the Sportage starts at just under $23,000, which is about what you can buy a mid-sized sedan for from other brands. If you want something bigger and with a little bit more power, this is definitely the better choice.