Nothing can be worse than getting all clean and ready for work in the morning only to hop into what appears to be a rather filthy vehicle. The dust, the smell, the dirt, it just ruins the entire feel and look of your vehicle. Why would anyone leave it in such a poor condition? If it is a car or truck that is primarily used for towing/hauling work it is a different story.
However, if you need to drive that vehicle to your workplace every day, you might want the interior and exterior of your vehicle to be pristine. People always talk about so-and-so produces to use in a vehicle, but no one really cleans their vehicles. If you want to keep your KIA vehicle clean, it’s time you followed these vital tips below:
- Park It in Your Garage – If you have a garage attached to your home, park your KIA in it to keep the exterior clean from dust, debris, bird bombs, and tree sap. Never leave your car out in the snow, rain, or extreme sun, especially if your car has just freshly been detailed. To keep your shine going for much longer, make it a habit to park your vehicle in the garage. However, if you don’t have a garage available, try finding some other enclosed place nearby your home. Or if you, like me, having your garage packed with random stuff, consider renting a dumpster and selling/donating some of the stuff to create space.
- Knock Your Shoes Before Stepping in – Make it a habit to give your feet a quick knock and wipe before hopping into your car. This way, you can prevent your Kia from getting dirty on the inside, especially when it starts snowing and things get slushy. Just open your car door, sit on the seat with your legs outside and knock your feet together. If this seems inconvenient, you can always splurge and pick up some heavy-duty rubber mats. It’s amazing how these mats keep the dirt off your boots. If you live in an area that gets a lot of snow, it’s mandatory to get a rubber mat for keeping your boots clean.
- Wash Your Hands Thoroughly – You will be surprised to learn exactly how much dirt can get attached to your hands after applying makeup, natural human oils, lotions and while eating food, opening doors, and shaking hands. These everyday contaminants aren’t visible to the naked eye, but can easily go from your hands to the shifter, door handles, steering wheel, vehicle controls, and anything else you touch. Therefore, always make it a habit to wash your hands thoroughly, before entering your car. A good option is to carry a pocket hand-sanitizer with you 24/7.
- Clean Messes Up Quickly – One of the main reasons why cars get dirty is the laziness of cleaning messed up quickly. What comes in must go out – right at that very moment or within the same day. So, give yourself the rule that any food, bags, and wrappers you bring in, have to be cleaned out of your car the same day. Don’t leave anything that can instead be stored in your house or thrown into a trash bin. Bear in mind the less clutter there is in your KIA, the less you will have to keep it clean.
- Avoid Eating Inside Your Kia – There are days when you don’t have enough time on your hands, but need to grab a quick bite to eat. It’s completely normal. Happens to everyone. However, food and drinks can only increase your chances of a spill or other mess. You may also get food residue on your hands that inevitably get transferred throughout your entire Kia ride. Keep food away from the vehicle and you won’t have the deal with all the stains, crumbs, cartons, and wrappers that inevitably follow.
- Do Not Smoke In Your Vehicle – To keep your Kia vehicle smelling good at all times, you might want to reconsider smoking inside. That dreaded smoke smell is something that can be extremely hard to remove. Anyone who has detailed a smoker’s car can attest to this fast. Unless your passengers are smokers, this smell isn’t something assuming. Cigarettes also have a nasty film that can be extremely challenging to remove. Therefore, avoid smoking and let your friends know it’s a non-smoking vehicle.
- Keep Pets Out of Your Car – Many may consider this action quite harsh, but it really goes the extra mile when it comes to keeping your car nice and clean. This doesn’t mean you don’t love your pets. You will always consider them family. However, it is a fact that pets can be dirty. Hair, clobber, feces can all find their way into your interior, create a bad smell, and add to the dirt and grime already present in your vehicle. This smell, grime, and dirt can be removed with good products, but preemptive measures include avoid having them removed them all together.
- Avoid Parking Under Trees and Street Lamps – You can see many individuals who might want to park near a street lamp to see clearly at night or under the shade of a tree for keeping their Kia rides cool in the sunny days of the summer. However, parking in these two spots can lead to unforeseen headaches. Trees can drop terrible sap, bugs are attached to the lights, and birds like to sit in the trees. The bird bombs, bug splatter, and tree sap can literally etch into the paint of your car, which can be a nightmare to remove. To keep the exterior clean, avoid these areas all together and find an enclosed place to park your Kia vehicle.
- Create a Routine for Washing and Waxing – Last, but not the least, create a routine for washing and waxing your vehicle. It is advised to clean your car every week to keep it looking clean and wax your ride once in every month to keep the shine consistent. Keeping a washing and waxing schedule will ensure your car looks great at all times.
Therefore, now that you are familiar with the tips mentioned above, keeping your Kia vehicle clean will not be a problem.