When you come to Allentown Kia to get an oil change, we are always happy to do it. Getting an oil change is important, but people often don’t do it as often as they should. The thing is, people will get the oil changed, and then they will see the little tag on their car telling them when to get their oil changed again. Some follow that guideline, while others just do it when they find the time.
It is extremely important that you ensure you get your oil changed whenever you can because failure to do so can cause severe problems for your car and it can lead to your car having many problems down the road.
When you come to Allentown Kia, we love to see you and we love to talk to you. We want to help ensure that your car runs great for the future because we don’t want your car breaking down. Whether you come to Allentown Kia, Burlington Kia or Turnersville Kia, we want you to have a well-functioning car, and that comes down to ensuring you get those oil changes that are going to save your vehicle.
How do oil changes save your vehicle? Here are a few reasons:
- One of the biggest things that oil does for your vehicle is that it maintains the engine lubrication of the vehicle. Every part on your car needs to be lubricated or it is going to seize up. These components are going to wear down, and they are going to heat up, and that is going to happen a lot faster if you don’t make sure you keep the oil maintained. Each car is going to need a certain type of oil, and it is important that is done properly.
- Engine components also heat up. They heat up the more you use them and the longer you drive. Oil will keep the friction from becoming too bad and it will ensure that your engine parts do not overheat. If you maintain clean and sufficient amounts of oil, it prevents friction rom causing any sort of overheating.
- As you drive, particles and sludge begins to build up in your engine. These dirt particles can be a serious problem to your engine and they can lead to the engine’s life span decreasing because of increased corrosion. These particles eventually become sludge and that sludge will cause a severe decrease in performance in your engine components. To keep this from happening, you need to ensure you keep your oil clean and change it often.
- Gas mileage is important in the day and age when gas prices are high. The worse your engine lubrication, the worse your gas mileage is going to be. According to the Department of Energy, you can actually improve your gas mileage by two per cent with frequent oil changes. Add in proper tire pressure improving performance to three per cent, and you have five per cent improved mileage by just doing those two things. If it costs you $50 each time you fill up, then that is $2.50 every time you fill up. If you fill up eight times a month, that is $20 a month, $240 a year. That is no small number.
- Most importantly, oil changes done on a regular basis are going to improve the vehicle longevity. Don’t get us wrong, we love seeing you at Allentown Kia, and we want to see you often but we don’t want to see you losing your vehicle before you should because the oil wasn’t maintained. We want you to have a vehicle you love, for as long as you have it.
Now that you know why you should be changing your oil, the next thing to talk about is how often you should come in to Allentown Kia and have your oil changed. We don’t want you coming in too frequently when you don’t need to, but we also don’t want you having to wait too long to get your oil changed.
Usually, most places will recommend that you change your oil ever few thousand miles. Originally, owner manuals said that you should change your oil every 5,000 miles, but Consumer Reports did a study and found that there was little need to change your oil between 3,000 and 7,500 miles.
In general, you will want to make it a personal choice about when you get the oil changed. You should get an oil change done every few months, especially if you are driving a great deal. In general, make sure you get an oil change at least once every four to six months, and you should get a change done every 5,000 to 10,000 miles if possible.
When you come to Allentown Kia, we will make sure that you get exactly what you need for your oil change. Not only are we going to do an oil change for you, we are going to make sure that you get everything your car needs. You are going to get everything done on your vehicle from the oil change to various other fluid changes. We will also make sure that your vehicle is going to run great after the oil change, and you are going to have a vehicle that runs great because of the oil change.
A vehicle is a wonderful thing. It can get you from point A to point B and it can do it in a way that ensures you get where you need to go in an efficient manner. The thing is, you need to make sure that you drive your vehicle in an efficient way and oil changes are a big part of that. It is important you get those oil changes, but get them on a good schedule to ensure you don’t do it too often or too little. You can always ask our expert staff at Allentown Kia as well about when is the best time to get that oil change done.