A car is a serious financial investment and the initial sticker shock can put some people off of the idea of actually completing the purchase. It is important to remember that like other large purchases, there are many different types of financing available that make it possible to buy the car and then pay it off in more manageable installments. Some buyers will continue to waffle about actually making a purchase, not realizing that the freedom and convenience that comes along with buying a car is worth the expense. Here are ten reasons to buy that car you’ve had your eye on:
1. Ability to go wherever you want, whenever you want – Many cities have great public transportation, but many of those cities also have very specific train and bus routes that only run at certain times of the day and even only on certain days of the week. A car, on the other hand, does not have these limitations. Instead of trying to plan your life around a complicated public transportation schedule, you can just get in your car and go where you want to go, when you want to go there.
2. Freedom outside of your own city – Trying to get from one city to another is one of the most annoying situations when you do not own your own transportation. Instead, you have to rely on the trains, planes, and busses, all of which are much more expensive and which make it difficult to get to a specific destination in that city. If you are relegated to public transportation, you will often have to take several different methods and might still have to end up walking a great distance in order to get exactly where you want to go.
3. Reliability – When was the last time that the train in your city was perfectly on time? Or that the bus was not delayed? These might be minor annoyances on the average day, but if you have to be to work by a certain time, it can be extremely annoying that public transportation in this country does not run like a well-oiled machine. These types of transportation are just not reliable. When you buy a car, on the other hand, you have a very reliable way of getting around, especially if you take good care of that car.
4. Comfort – Unless you are willing to pay to sit in first class, you are going to find no better way to travel than in your own car. Today’s cars are designed to be comfortable, even for long drives, which makes them far superior to plastic bus and train seats, which are notoriously uncomfortable. If you are tired of having to sit or stand for long journeys on the train or on the bus, a car is a great alternative.
5. Safety – As a passenger on a bus or on the train, you probably do not want to fall asleep. You could have your bag or wallet stolen, or you might be harassed by another passenger. As a passenger in a car, however, you are much less likely to be attacked or robbed. Because the driver and passengers are the only people in this form of transportation, you are much safer. You are also safer in the instance of crashes—cars are designed to protect their passengers form collisions. Other forms of transportation are not.
6. More stylish – No matter how clean and sleek a bus, plane, or train was when it was first built, after only a few weeks of use, it is going to be dirty and grimy. While there are some types of transportation that are cleaner than others, no type of transportation is as stylish as a well-designed car. Kia, specifically, has a wide variety of stylish vehicles to choose from, making it easy to find one that allows you to travel in style.
7. More personalized – Many drivers treat their vehicles like an extension of their homes. They decorate them and personalize them. Even the type of car that you purchase can be very personal. There are reasons why some people buy a Kia Optima and others opt for the Kia Soul EV. With lots of different types of vehicles on the market, everyone can find a vehicle that fits their personality and helps them achieve the persona they want to achieve.
8. Faster – Sometimes, taking the train is going to be more convenient than driving yourself. But there is no doubt that taking the train from one city to another is going to take far more time than driving yourself from one city to another is going to be. Car travel, except for plane travel (which is the most expensive way to get around), is going to be the fastest way to get where you need to go, almost across the board.
9. Higher quality – One of the reasons many buyer are unsure as to whether or not they should buy a car is because they are afraid that car is going to fail them five years after they purchase it. The truth is that the cars you can buy today are going to be of a much higher quality, get much better gas mileage, and be all around better than the cars our parents could buy when they were our age.
10. Adapts with you – A car can easily follow you through many different times in your life. It is as useful for a student who is just getting his start in life as it is for a married professional. Buying a high quality vehicle from our Kia dealership is a great way to get a car that can adapt with you as your life changes.