Some of the biggest changes in all of Kia’s lineup were made to the 2016 Kia Sorento. This vehicle is the perfect mix of extra seating and sport, so it’s as great for families as it is for those that like adventures. It’s the ideal choice for many buyers who find that sedans are too small but minivans are too big. And while there is always the Sportage, the Sorento offers a little more space and a few more features.
What the Sorento really has over vehicles of the same size from other brands is the price. Most crossovers of the same size start at $30,000 and above, while the Sorento starts at around $25,000, depending on the trim level. That makes it just as affordable as most sedans on the market. But what exactly does the Sorento have to offer and what can you do with it? Here is a brief overview of the 2016 Kia Sorento trim levels and why you should pick this vehicle.
2016 Kia Sorento L
This is the lowest trim level that Kia offers, but that doesn’t mean that you aren’t going to get your money’s worth. Unlike lots of other brands, you still have features like durable wheels, cruise control, and air conditioning with this trim level. Let’s take a look at the features:
- Cruise control – It’s still surprising to most people when they look at vehicles from other brands and find out that the basic trim level does not come with cruise control. They can add it—but aftermarket solutions are rarely as functional as preinstalled ones. That’s why Kia always offers even the lowest trim level with cruise control standard.
- Split second row – This means that if you are hauling something that just won’t fit in the Sorento’s ample trunk space, you can fold down the seats in a variety of wats in order to make room for it.
- Bluetooth connectivity – This is another feature that you’ll mostly find only in the higher trim levels with other brands. Kia, however, has it standard for the Sorento. This means that you can play music from your phone and that you can answer the phone and talk directly to car, instead of having to deal with trying to answer to phone and drive one-handed.
- Stain-resistant fabric seating – Higher trim levels will offer your luxurious leather. That doesn’t mean, however, that you are going to be missing out if you choose the Sorento L. The fabric seating is just as luxurious, and will actually resist stains, no matter what is spilled on them.
2016 Kia Sorento LX
The next trim level includes everything from the basic level, as well as:
- Automatic headlights – These make it easier to remember to turn on and turn off your headlights—the vehicle does it for you. No more draining your battery or driving dangerously because you forgot to turn your lights off or on.
- Rearview camera – While backing out of a space does not have to be difficult, it can be, especially if you are new to driving a big vehicle like the Sorento. A rearview camera makes it really, really easy to see what is going on around you.
- A touchscreen – Interacting with your radio and the car’s systems has never been easier or more stylish than with this great touchscreen control center.
- A windshield that reduces road noise – Reducing road noise is a big deal for some drivers, who like to feel contained in their vehicles and do not want to be able to hear the road underneath the car or the air whipping past. The windshield in this trim level will actually prevent a lot of that noise from getting inside the car.
- Options – This trim level has a number of options that can be added to it, some for an additional charge, but others for not additional charge. These might include parking sensors, heated seats, and power seats, among others.
2016 Kia Sorento EX
This level comes with everything listed in the two above trim levels, along with:
- Upgraded wheels – The other trim levels have 17 inch wheels. The EX trim level has 18 inch wheels, to give you even more grip and maneuverability on the road.
- Front side glass that reduces sound – If you want an even quieter ride, this is the trim for you. Along with the other features, it also includes front side glass that reduces sound from outside of the vehicle.
- Leather seats – This is the first trim level out of all five levels that includes this feature.
- Options – In addition to the features that come standard with this trim level, there is the option to add a Premium Package, which includes keyless entry and ignition, power mirrors, and blind spot detection.
2016 Kia Sorento SX
In addition to what is listen above, this trim level includes:
- Memory settings for the driver’s seat – This feature enables you to program your seat to remember your preferences, so even if someone else drives your car, you can always find the right position again.
- Power driver’s seat – So that’s it’s easy to adjust your seat, even if you are already on the road.
2016 Kia Sorento SX Limited
This is the highest trim level available for this vehicle. It’s biggest feature is the 19 inch chrome wheels, along with more impressive leather upholstery, ventilated seats, and heating for the second row of seats, along with a technology package that upgrades your headlights, parking cameras, brakes, cruise control, and safety features.