The minivan used to carry a very uncool stigma. Today, with the wide variety of options available, it’s easy for even the coolest of parents to find a van that meets their needs and their style. The Kia Sedona is definitely at the top of that list. With a number of great features, even at the most basic trim level, it is extremely easy to get a car that is functional and stylish. Here are just a few of the reasons that all families should have a Kia Sedona.
1. Plenty of seating – Even if you don’t have a large family, you still might want to have a vehicle that has more than three comfortable seats. When you want to go somewhere with your friends or your children want to invite their friends somewhere, it is always convenient to have a vehicle that has plenty of seats for everyone. The Kia Sedona has up to three rows of comfortable seating, with four bucket seats and a bench that can even be folded down to make more room for cargo. This means that even if you normally only have three of four people to drive around, you can easily tote three or four more, without cramming or sharing seatbelts.
2. Comfort – Having climate control for all of the rows of seating makes it easy to keep the entire vehicle cool or warm, especially if each person has their own needs and expectations about that climate. The seats in the Kia Sedona have also been designed to be comfortable, with ample padding and even foot rests in the back bucket seats, so that if someone wants or needs to take a nap, they can get the most comfortable position possible.
3. Great for road trips – Road trips were always the highlight of the summer during my childhood, and partly because as a family of five, we had a great van with three rows of seating. That meant that we all had our own space. If we’d been crammed into the back of a sedan, we probably would have been at each other’s throats the entire time. The extra space, the dual moon roofs, the reclining seats, etc. are all perfect for even the most extended of road trips.
4. Great safety – When choosing a vehicle for your family, especially if you are going to be driving that vehicle until your children are old enough to drive, you want to focus on picking something safe. One of the best ways to do that is with the Kia Sedona. The Sedona was the 2015 IIHS Top Safety Pick, making it one of the safest vehicles on the market, and with a wide variety of safety features, including airbags for the second and third rows of seats, it is definitely a great choice if you want to get an extreme safe and still versatile and stylish vehicle.
5. Expert design – What pushes people away from minivans is the frumpy styling that usually comes along with them. The Sedona bucks the trend, not just in interior design, but also exterior design. It looks more like a crossover than a minivan, so even though it has the traditional sliding door and long-body construction, its design sets it apart completely from the rest of the minivans being offered up by other brands. The minivan often feels like an afterthought in most brand’s lineups, but not Kia’s.
6. Easy in and out – Any parent will tell you that getting kids in and out of the car can be time consuming and difficult. The Sedona makes it easy with power-sliding doors that are also equipped with built-in sensors that detect if something is blocking the door. That means that the kids can easily open and close the doors themselves and there is no danger of getting a hand, foot, or leg caught in the door, since the door itself will sense and stop moving if there is an obstruction.
7. Adjustable seats – No other minivan on the market has the adjustability that the Sedona has. The second row of seats can be adjusted in an almost infinite number of ways. They can be moved both closer and farther apart, they can be leaned back, footrests can be kicked up, and there are even adjustable armrests so the passenger can decide exactly how they want to sit. If you need more space to get into the third row, you can slide the seats forward, or if the passengers need more leg room, you can slide the seats back again.
8. Easy open for full hands – The sliding doors can be controlled from the fob, as can the liftgate, which also has an easy-open feature, which is great for parents who might be carrying groceries or children in their arms. You don’t even have to wave a hand, all you have to do is have your key in your pocket. It’s the smartest liftgate on the market and is a much easier open than any of the Sedona’s competitors.
9. Fabric that resists stains – Whether you get the trim level with fabric or whether you choose leather, you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to clean and how resistant the fabric is to stains—which is great for families with small children that are prone to making messes, even when they are trying to keep the vehicle lean. The fabric is actually designed to repel moisture, so that spilled coffee, soda, and just about anything else won’t actually soak in and cause a stain on your seats.